Followers

Sunday, July 24, 2011

W3 response 2

original post of Manny

As I read chapters 5-8 of Art of Possibility, I opened my mind to its message and intention. There where many points in these four chapters that hit close to home and made me realize that I must be open and willing to receive the message. While I have heard or read many of these points before, some written differently, they are he same points.

Chapter 5, Leading from any Chair, is something I learned a long time ago while in the military. Having a Master Chief who would place many of the young sailors in situations or positions to lead or influence the unit or group. It made everyone be aware of the enormous charge bestowed on them, due to their rank, but allowed personnel to learn for when they achieved a leadership position.

Chapter 6, Rule Number 6, is about something I do regularly. I do not take myself seriously. I have learned over the years that sometimes one cannot control everything and that we should never sweat the small stuff. There has been many a times that I have looked back at a situation or event in which I was frustrated or mad, only to realize it really was nothing to worry about.

In Chapter 7, The Way Things Are, I like the authors message on clearing judgment. Sometimes we do not see the the purpose of a situation or event in our lives which can lead to something wonderful or beautiful. Society is so mechanized in planning and organizing that when change occurs or chaos ruins our plans, we tend to focus on the immediate effect and how it “ruined” our plans. Everything has a purpose, we just need to be opened to that possibility.

Chapter 8 I believe has the strongest message. The two steps of of giving way to passion are easy to understand but hard to implement. Notice where you are holding back and let go is the first step while participate wholly is the second. It is hard for oneself to look at what we are holding back without guidance. This is where a good parent, a teacher or colleague can help. They can help us define and aid in our development if they do it without judgment. Once this is accomplished, it is so easy to participate.




Kelly Baker said...
On your comment on The Way Things Are: I feel it is like spring cleaning. You start by taking everything out of its place clean it off move it around and if you stop in the middle you end up with a bigger mess than when you started. You have to see changes through to the end in order to see the better side of it.

1 comment:

  1. It would be nice to call out that its only available for ice cream sandwich.Plus its not very easy to find in the Android Market.
    w3 plans

    ReplyDelete